Windows Security Checklist
Here are eight simple steps for securing your pc. If you use Windows, please… just do it. If you’re at Queen’s, you can get Symantec Anti-Virus for free from Packman.
- Run Windows Update regularly.
- Install ZoneAlarm (Firewall)
- Buy and install NOD32 (Anti-Virus)
- Install WinPatrol (Anti-Hijack)
- Buy and install AdMuncher (Ad and Popup Blocker)
- Install and run AdAware (Anti-Spyware)
- Replace Internet Explorer and Outlook Express with Firefox & Thunderbird
- Disable Autorun.
The list is completely ripped off from Everything Hurts.